Validation with matrix and SMS Token
To authorize operations Banco Económico demands a safe authentication to confirm the transactions which imply an asset change. At the time of the operation’s approval 3 random coordinates from you cards will be required. For operations above a certain amount set by the bank, a SMS Token will be sent to the mobile number authorized to authenticate the operation.
• It is an additional safety mechanism to confirm operations;
• SMS Token is a code sent by SMS to your phone, and it is required for some operations;
• This mechanism complements the current authentication and confirmation processes.
• Phishing is a type of fraudulent action which uses false emails that appear to be generated by your bank but that are sent by strangers with the purpose of stealing personal information;
• These emails usually ask the receiver to use a hyperlink to a web page, where the person is led to confirm personal information, such as the access code to the internet baking service;
• Although these pages may appear legitimate and are similar to your bank’s pages, they are a fraud with the sole purpose of obtaining the client’s bank data;
• For your own safety never give your access data or matrix card data via email.
Banco Económico will never ask you for information via email.